COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test
With the Coronavirus Test Ordinance (TestV) of October 14, 2020, rapid tests represent a new pillar in the containment of the current COVID-19 pandemic. These tests can be carried out on site by trained professionals and identify the pathogen of COVID-19 and its antigens right after.
For this purpose, a nasopharyngeal swab is taken from the back of the nose (recommended) or throat area and applied to a test cassette. This works according to the lateral flow principle and shows within 10 to 15 minutes whether COVID-19 antigens could be detected in the sample.
- CE certified and refundable test listed at the Federal Institute for Drugs and Medical Devices according to the Coronavirus Test Ordinance (TestV) under the number AT129 / 20 . Link
- Implementation on site by medically trained staff, Result after 10 to 15 minutes
- Reliable exclusion of a Sars-CoV-2 infection with high accuracy
- Can be performed as a nasopharynx and oropharynx smear
- The test is developed as a Point of Care (POC). No equipment is required, all consumables are included
- Reaction membrane from the German world market leader Sartorius AG.
97,6% 98,4% 98,1%
Sensitivity Specificity Accuracy
What effect do mutations have on the reliability of the
Testsealabs COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test?
Lately there have been frequent reports of mutations in SARS-CoV-2, the cause of COVID-19. In particular, a variant from England with potentially increased infectivity is in the foreground.
This raises the question of what effect such mutations have on the reliability of rapid tests and whether an infection with the English variant can also be detected.
According to the current status, detection is just as reliable as with other variants.